This vegan keto chocolate mousse with avocado is to die for. I'll give you just a few reasons why this is one of our favourite keto desserts:
- 10 min to prepare, with only a few ingredients
- So creamy 😍
- And chocolate
Need more to convince you or chocolate at the title was already enough? 😋
For this recipe, you'll need avocado, unsweetened coconut milk (chilled in the fridge overnight), unsweetened cacao powder, erythritol, a pinch of salt and our Dark Keto Chocolate bar. Our chocolate bars are 100% keto, sugar-free and junk-free. Perfect for recipes like these as well.
What are the net carbs for this recipe
This keto mousse is about 2.5 net carbs per serving. Of course, this always depends on the ingredients that you're using. Make sure the cacao powder and the coconut milk are unsweetened and free of hidden carbs (Check here a few tips for choosing the right keto-friendly packaged foods).
Why we use erythritol as sweetener
We like erythritol (not only in this recipe but also in our chocolates) because it has a great taste if compared with other sweeteners and because it has no impact on your blood sugar levels. Erythritol is a sugar alcohol, or polyol, that is zero glycemic and also calorie-free. These are some of the reasons why it does not add up on your carb count. You can deduct the carbs from erythritol completely to get the net carb (Check here an easy explanation on how to calculate net carbs). If you want to use a different sweetener for this recipe, it's okay, but mind that the quantity you'll need to use will change as well!
- 180 grams ripe avocado
- 60 grams erythritol
- 290 grams coconut milk, chilled in the fridge overnight
- 25 grams cacao powder
- 1 bar Funky Fat Foods Dark Chocolate, melted
- 1 pinch salt
- Simply combine all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth. If you do not have access to a blender or food processor, start by mashing the avocado until it is completely smooth before adding the other ingredients. Whisk until thoroughly combined and smooth!
- Divide the mixture among 4 glasses and chill for a minimum of 1-2 hours.
- Serve with coconut whipped cream, raspberries or topping of choice!
Let us know in the comments below when you tried this recipe. Would love to hear!