This white version of the classic (dark) chocolate mousse is to die for! The consistency is light and fluffy making it a very light keto snack or dessert treat. And yet another creative way to use the last white chocolate bar in your pantry.
For this recipe, you'll only need eggs, 1 keto white chocolate bar from Funky Fat Foods, chia seeds and cream of tartar. For toppings, you choose: crunchy high-fat nuts like pistachios or almonds or a low-carb fruit like strawberries or raspberries. Or a mix! The sky is the limit.
Tip: Prep this recipe the day before because it needs to rest on the fridge overnight.
But wait... keto white chocolate bar? Does that even exist?
Now it does! Our keto white chocolate bar is sweetened with erythritol and made with cocoa butter, coconut milk, MCT powder and a sprinkle of chia seeds for some extra crunch (and extra healthy fats of course). That's it. Simple, but delicious.
Keto Low Carb White Chocolate Mousse
(makes 4 servings)
- 50g (1 bar) Keto white chocolate bar from Funky Fat Foods
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp cream of tartar (optional)
- Put the container where you're going to mount the whites in the fridge a little bit before you start. Separate the yolks from the whites and beat the whites with a half teaspoon of cream of tartar until they are about to snow. Reserve it in the fridge.
- Melt the white chocolate in a bain-marie. Let it cool. This is important because if it's warm, then when you mix it with the egg yolk - it would cook. If you don't want to wait, put the bowl of melted chocolate on top of some ice and stir until cool. Do not wait for too much or else it will be difficult to mix with the egg.
- Beat the yolk and gradually incorporate the chocolate, already tempered, while stirring. Add the two tablespoons of chia seeds.
- With the help of a spatula, incorporate the egg whites to the mixture of chocolate and egg yolk.
- When everything is well mixed, pour the dough into the moulds. You can decorate with red fruits, cocoa nibs, sprinkle ground nuts. Cover it with a plastic wrap and let it rest in the fridge overnight.
Comment below if you tried this recipe! Would love to hear :)
And if you're looking for other quick and easy dessert ideas, why not try also the classic Dark Chocolate Mousse? The keto version, of course.
This keto low carb white chocolate blondie is also super quick to make and will leave your whole home smelling like freshly baked cake. Yum!